Texas State University invites applications for an endowed chair in ethics and corporate responsibility in the McCoy College of Business Administration with an expected start date of Spring or Fall 2022. This is a full-time tenured faculty position at the rank of professor. We seek outstanding candidates from all areas of business with a distinctive expertise and focus on business ethics and corporate responsibility. The appointee is expected to have a nationally recognized research record, pursue continuing research and scholarship, and provide disciplinary expertise, innovation, and leadership. The McCoy College is interested in recruiting an individual who can embrace and enhance the vision of a diverse, collegial, and productive academic environment.
- Develop a nationally and internationally recognized research program, including extramural grant funded research, that addresses business challenges through the prism of ethics and corporate responsibility.
- Conduct and collaborate on high quality research leading to publications in top-tier journals.
- Develop and teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including online offerings, that highlight the ethical and social dimensions of business management.
- Enhance the integration of business ethics, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility into the College’s curricular and co-curricular learning experiences.
- Provide thought leadership and share insights through scholarly engagement with diverse groups including faculty, students, and external communities.
- Serve as an excellent faculty role model who inspires, encourages, and mentors colleagues and students.
- Contribute to college and university initiatives by sharing disciplinary expertise.
- An earned doctorate in a business field appropriate to the College.
- A record of excellence in scholarship, teaching, and service commensurate with tenured appointment at the rank of full professor in one of the five (5) academic departments: Accounting, Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Methods, Finance and Economics (which includes Business Law), Management, or Marketing.
- Evidence of a nationally/internationally recognized research agenda and publication record in the discipline with contributions in business ethics, corporate responsibility, and related areas.
- A distinguished teaching record at an AACSB-accredited business school.
- Demonstrated commitment to research mentorship and working collaboratively with colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
The Emmett and Miriam McCoy College of Business Administration serves over 4,800 undergraduate and master’s students. With six academic majors to choose from and numerous specializations, students at the McCoy College can develop the skill sets they need to compete responsibly, professionally, and successfully in our dynamic economy. The McCoy College is an AACSB-accredited college and provides a broad-based student-centered business education emphasizing innovation, experiential learning, research, and service as we educate the next generation of global business leaders.
Only applications submitted for this specific posting through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered: jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following materials by September 15, 2021:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Application letter that addresses the above responsibilities and qualifications;
- Statement of professional philosophy; and
- Names and contact information, including email, phone, and address, for three professional references.
The confidential review of credentials will continue until the position is filled. For inquiries, please e-mail Dr. Alexis Stokes, Chair of the Search Committee, at FieldsSearch@txstate.edu.