Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee of the Society for Business Ethics
SBE firmly believes that an excellent academic environment must be diverse, equitable, and inclusive. The DEI Committee will seek to advance fair and nondiscriminatory practices within SBE, propose remedial action to the SBE Board, and perform outreach to individuals and under-represented groups within the business ethics profession.
- The Society for Business Ethics and its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee are delighted to announce two exciting financial assistance initiatives to promote access to SBE’s upcoming annual conference in Chicago. Learn more here.
DEI Committee Members
|Mihailis E. Diamantis
Professor of Law, Professor of Philosophy (by courtesy), University of Iowa
|Shazia Rehman Khan
Assistant Professor, Bahria University, Pakistan
Assistant Professor of Corporate Governance and Business Ethics, DCU Business School, Dublin City University, Ireland
|Lindsay J Thompson
Professor of Practice, Johns Hopkins University
|Rita Mota, Co-Chair
Assistant Professor, ESADE Business School
|Florian Krause, Co-Chair
Senior Research Fellow & Lecturer, Institute for Business Ethics, University of St. Gallen
PostDoc, Institute for interdisciplinary Work and Employment Studies, Leibniz University of Hanover
|Lauren S. Kaufmann
Assistant Professor of Business Administration in the Strategy, Ethics & Entrepreneurship Area, Darden School of Business
Affiliated Faculty Member of the Gender, Women & Sexuality Department, University of Virginia
SBE’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (“DEIC”) will establish and publicly convey its goals for each academic year.
Building on last year’s work, in line with feedback from SBE members, and subject to consultation with the SBE Board, the SBE’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee (”DEIC“) establishes the following goals for 2023-24:
- Getting to know the SBE Membership and assessing different aspects of diversity.
- Reaching out to various stakeholders in order to promote the SBE, especially in under-represented areas;
- Organizing a DEI-related panel session at the 2024 SBE Annual Meeting;
- Recognizing SBE members’ individual contributions to DEI through an award;
- Contributing to the development and improvement of virtual and hybrid SBE events, and, more generally, to low barrier access to SBE events;
- Continuing to promote stories of inclusion from within the SBE;
- Promoting and facilitating member-led, DEI-related collaborative activities
- Getting to Know the SBE Membership
- The DEIC can best serve SBE if it knows who its members are.
- Outreach and Visibility
- The DEIC aims to communicate its mission and goals through a dedicated SBE webpage and email address.
- Theme for a DEI Panel at the SBE Annual Meeting
- The DEIC will adopt a focus theme for a panel at the 2023 Annual Meeting.
- DEI Recognition Award
- The DEIC will establish an award to recognize SBE members’ individual contributions to DEI.
- Virtual SBE Events
- The DEIC understands that cost and distance can be barriers to participation for SBE’s international community and will consider ways to address those barriers.