Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee of the Society for Business Ethics
SBE firmly believes that an excellent academic environment must be diverse, equitable, and inclusive. The DEI Committee will seek to advance fair and nondiscriminatory practices within SBE, propose remedial action to the SBE Board, and perform outreach to individuals and under-represented groups within the business ethics profession.
DEI Committee Members
|Mihailis E. Diamantis|
Professor of Law, Professor of Philosophy (by courtesy), University of Iowa
Assistant Professor, CUNEF Universidad
|Shazia Rehman Khan|
Assistant Professor, Bahria University, Pakistan
Assistant Professor of Corporate Governance and Business Ethics, DCU Business School, Dublin City University, Ireland
|Lindsay J Thompson|
Professor of Practice, Johns Hopkins University
SBE’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (“DEIC”) will establish and publicly convey its goals for each academic year. The DEIC’s plan for 2022-23 is preliminary and subject to consultation with the SBE Board about feasibility and resources. Following that consultation in August/September, a more detailed revision of the plan will be posted. Its goals for 2022-23 are:
Getting to Know the SBE Membership
- The DEIC can best serve SBE if it knows who its members are.
Outreach and Visibility
- The DEIC aims to communicate its mission and goals through a dedicated SBE webpage and email address.
Theme for a DEI Panel at the SBE Annual Meeting
- The DEIC will adopt a focus theme for a panel at the 2023 Annual Meeting.
DEI Recognition Award
- The DEIC will establish an award to recognize SBE members’ individual contributions to DEI.
Virtual SBE Events
- The DEIC understands that cost and distance can be barriers to participation for SBE’s international community and will consider ways to address those barriers.