The American College of Financial Services (The College), an accredited, nonprofit higher education institution located in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, engages with the financial services industry through professional education, graduate studies, relevant research, and customized learning solutions. The Cary M. Maguire Center for Ethics in Financial Services is the only ethics center within an academic institution focusing exclusively on the financial services industry. The Center is uniquely positioned to be a catalyst for, and convener of, industry-wide discussions of emerging ethical issues in financial services.
We are seeking a dynamic, innovative and visionary leader to lead all the activities of the Center and its staff. The successful incumbent will report to The College’s EVP/Provost with a dotted line to the EVP/Senior Advisor to the President. S/he will have the following responsibilities:
(1) Thought leadership: Oversee three proprietary research projects per year on ethical issues emerging in the financial services industry, including one “members-only” research project each year (a quantitative/qualitative project in which corporate members can choose to participate.)
(2) Direct the activities of two Center staff: Director of Research and the Assistant Director for Administration. The Executive Director will also oversee the work of the Cary M. Maguire Fellow, the Securian Fellow, and other researcher(s) and graduate student(s).
(3) Direct and facilitate a variety of events, including the Forum on Ethical Leadership, Ethics Summit and Ethics Workshop(s), with plans to expand to larger groups of industry practitioners, organizational leaders, academics, regulators and legislators.
(4) Maintain and expand a robust corporate membership program.
(5) Manage the Center financials to achieve modest operating surpluses.
(6) Recruit members of the Center’s Advisory Board and lead Advisory Board meetings twice annually.
(7) Teach ethics courses in the Master of Science in Management and Master of Science in Financial Services curricula at The American College, and ensure that ethics content of the designations and continuing education courses is current and engaging.
- Master’s degree required, and Ph.D. preferred, in the area of ethics or organizational development, with at least five years’ experience in a related field (higher education or business) or a combination of education and business.
- Working knowledge of ethics in business, particularly related to financial services.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate with and present to varied audiences, including corporate executives, adult learners and other academics.
- Sound strategy development, analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and oversee original research projects with practical applications.
- Well-developed teaching skills: subject matter depth and application of current teaching techniques, including use of multi-media tools.
- A deep personal commitment to ethics and continuing professional education.
The Executive Director of the Center for Ethics in Financial Services is a faculty appointment. The ideal candidate must be self-directed and demonstrate the ability to executive against committed deliverables. S/he is expected to spend some 80% of his/her time leading the work of the Center, with approximately 20% teaching and overseeing curriculum development. This position is open immediately with the expectation that the successful incumbent would start in Fall 2019.
A cover letter, resume, and three professional references with contact information should be submitted via “Careers” on The American College of Financial Services website, or via email to Deborah.email@example.com, or via US mail to Deborah Glenn, VP, Administration and CHRO, The American College of Financial Services, 630 Allendale Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406. References will not be contacted without the explicit permission of the candidate.
The American College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals. We administer all phases of employment activity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military or veteran status.