Location: Chestnut Hill, MA
Position Type: Faculty
Position URL: apply.interfolio.com/48371
The Carroll School of Management at Boston College invites applications for a full-time lecturer position to teach a six course load in the innovative and interdisciplinary Portico Program. Portico is a three credit course that offers freshmen business majors a unique opportunity to develop a nuanced method for recognizing and responding to the ethical challenges of contemporary business; situate contemporary business within the global and historical perspective; learn about business through engagement with faculty and practitioners; and raise questions about personal aspirations and the opportunities available in the world of work. Portico lecturers are responsible for teaching and advising a significant number of undergraduate management students during their first year. More information about the course can be found on our website, www.bc.edu/portico.
- An earned doctorate is strongly preferred, preferably in Philosophy, Applied Ethics, or Business (with a focus in Business Ethics). Alternatives may be considered (e.g., ABD, J.D., MBA with an M.A. in Philosophy).
- An informed understanding of business disciplines and the history of the field.
- Experience, ability and interest in teaching freshmen in a teaching-intensive position.
- The capacity to advise and mentor freshmen on academic, vocational, and formational matters.
- The ability to thrive independently while holding a commitment to being part of a team.
Our review of applications will begin March 1st, and continue until the position is filled. Instructions for how to apply are in the sidebar to the right. We are requesting the following materials: cover letter, CV, teaching statement, student evaluations, and two letters of recommendation.
Apply here – apply.interfolio.com/48371